Sunday 14 September 2014

Tea time

Growing up in Victoria, I was definitely exposed to tea-drinking and the various teas.  I even had a tea "egg" and used loose tea.  Yes, I guess I was a bit of a tea snob.  I did drink coffee as well, but primarily drank tea.  Until after I married and moved from the island.  Strange how we change...

*So thrilled to have this card picked for the Top 3 at {PIN}spirational Challenges*

When I saw the challenge for beverages on "Less is More", the first thing I thought of was a glass of wine.  Then coffee.  And finally I remembered my roots and love of tea.  And so I turned to my stamps and found a set that would work quite well.

For my colour theme I turned to the {PIN}spirational Challenges.  They have a photo inspiration right now that ties in beautifully with the tea theme that I was planning.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/141581982009710798/

And so my card was born.  I used a combination of the retired Morning Cup stamp set and current Sketched Birthday stamp set for the images and the Project Life Remember This stamp set for the sentiment.  Since the challenge at "Less is More" is for a single layer card, my card is simply a folded piece of Whisper White.  On it I stamped the cup and teapot and then masked them and sponged stars over them using my Stars Decorative Mask.  I coloured the images using my Blendabilities with a little help outlining the stars using my So Saffron Stampin Marker.

Near the bottom I stamped the cupcake and the sentiment.  The cupcake is coloured with my Stampin' Markers.


Because I used both my Blendabilities and my Stampin' Markers, I decided that the card should be entered into the Addicted to Stamps and More challenge which calls for "making your mark".  

For more cards showcasing beverages in a single layer card, check out "Less is More".

For more cards interpreting the photo inspiration, check out {PIN}spirational Challenges.

16 comments:

  1. Yep, definitely tea AND cake! What a fun card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie. It made me think of the animated Beauty and the Beast.

      Delete
  2. Great CAS card! I love the stars you put behind your tea kettle. I have yet to use mine so you have given me some great inspiration! Thanks for playing along at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Shana. I haven't used my hearts mask yet but have used the stars mask a fair bit.

      Delete
  3. Heidi what a sweet card! Pun intended :)
    Thank you for joining our challenge this week at LIM
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is terrific Heidi, I could just sit down for a cuppa right now!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chrissie. I have some brewing right now. :)

      Delete
  5. great card! so cute. love the take on the inspiration photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this image and sentiment Heidi.
    Perfect combination for Afternoon Tea
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah. I love the challenge of getting all I want to express on one single layer.

      Delete
  7. You can't beat a really nice cuppa! And of course a cupcake too...yummy! Love your one layer card and the great addition of the stencilled stars. Thanks for playing along at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Anita. I love that Star stencil. It's such fun to use.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful!!!!!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Deanne. I enjoy your challenges and will definitely be back.

      Delete

I welcome your comments or questions.