Saturday 18 October 2014

Autumn Colours

I decided to use the alcohol marker marbling technique again because I wanted a background that was a blaze of Autumn colours.  I've used the technique before and describe it here.  Since I wanted to keep this card very clean and simple, I used the marbled glossy paper and did my stamping on it.

My base cardstock is Early Espresso and, as I mentioned, the next layer is the glossy marbled paper.  I used my retired French Foliage stamp set for the wonderful oak leaf that I stamped three times using Early Espresso ink.  Then I used the same ink to stamp the sentiment from the For All Things stamp set.  Finally I used my retired Color Spritzer Tool and my Cajun Craze Stampin' Marker to create spatters of ink randomly on the glossy layer.

My finishing touch was to add three Early Espresso Candy Dots to the top right corner.


For more cards that feature Autumn colours, check out AAA Cards.

4 comments:

  1. Super background and I love the skeleton leaf stamp. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jane. I've been having fun playing with colours, creating backgrounds with the alcohol markers and alcohol spritzers.

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty, I really like the leaves stamped in that dark color. So glad you were able to play along at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. That deep brown is good against the bright colours, isn't it?

      Delete

I welcome your comments or questions.