Sunday 9 November 2014

A Top Note Raggedy Andy

I've always loved the Top Note die.  Actually it's the very first die that I bought from Stampin' Up!  It's an extremely versatile die and I can see why it's stayed current while other dies have come and gone.  Today I decided to use it for a punch art type of card.  My aim was to make the Top Note into a Raggedy Andy.  I thought the line of "stitching" around the perimeter of the die-cut made it a natural for that purpose.

First of all I began with a card base of Naturals White, followed by a layer of Soft Suede and then a layer of the dotted pattern from the Park Lane Designer Series Paper.  Now I was ready to begin my Raggedy Andy.

I cut a piece of Blushing Bride cardstock with the Top Note die for the face.  Then I cut two small ovals of Whisper White for the eyes as well as two 1/2" circles for the blacks of the eyes.  I used the Pennant Builder punch to cut a piece of Real Red for the nose and then cut another piece of Real Red twice with the small oval punch to get the lips.  The hair was easy to cut from the Real Red since we luckily have those wonderful  Fringe Scissors.  I added a slightly curved strip of Whisper White for the brim of the hat and then cut the top of the hat with the Top Note.

A bit of sponging here and there helped contour the hat and face.  A touch from the Signo Ball Pen added a sparkle to the eyes.  My black Stampin' Marker added the lines for his mouth and the lashes to his eyes.  And then I added fake stitching with my black Stampin' Marker as well.

I attached Raggedy Andy to the card using Dimensionals and then added my sentiment (from the Just Sayin' stamp set) with Dimensionals as well.  The final touch was his collar which I cut from Marina Mist with the scalloped portion of the Pennant Builder punch and then his bow tie which is simply a bow tied from Hello Honey ribbon.


For more punch art cards, check out The Paper Plunge challenge.

12 comments:

  1. How cool is that, must have a go thanks Heidi lvm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marilyn. The Top Note is such fun to use.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. I had neglected my Top Note for quite a while. Now I'm wondering why.

      Delete
  3. Hi Heidi. I love your Raggedy Andy top note card. He is so adorable. Thank you for playing with us. I think it's time I brought my top note die back out. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Helen. I found myself wondering why I hadn't been using that Top Note more frequently, too. It's a terrific die and so versatile.

      Delete
  4. Love her Heidi! Cute Cute Cute!!!! Definitely punched your "art" out. We love that you join us at thepaperplunge.com and inspire us!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, Laura. What a sweet thing to say.

      Delete
  5. as laura said, you inspire US every week at The Paper Plunge! thank you so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Leslie. You guys are so nice! I've been enjoying your challenges a lot.

      Delete
  6. This is really cute! I love that Top Note die too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Cindi. I hadn't used it in a while because of all the framelits but it really is a wonderful (and versatile) die.

      Delete

I welcome your comments or questions.