Wednesday 3 December 2014

Snowflakes

Sometimes we get so busy with our images that we forget how important the words are that we choose.  Today my card is all about the words.  Yes, there are images.  It would be a bit boring with nothing but the words, but the real emphasis of my card is on the words.

My sentiment is from a Stampendous stamp set that I picked up during the Boxing Day sales last winter.  This will be their first use and I love the way the card has turned out.  I've used one of my favourite blues, Marina Mist for the base and then added a layer of Whisper White and then a layer of patterned paper from the Santa & Co Designer Series Paper.  It's all about snowflakes.  That's what's on the paper and that's what is key in my sentiment.

I used the negative framelit die from the On Film set to frame my sentiment.  It is cut from Whisper White cardstock and centred with a piece of Marina Mist cardstock on which I've heat embossed the words using my White Embossing powder.  Just for fun I cut out two snowflakes from Whisper White cardstock and added them around the frame.  To finish the card off, I added one of those wonderful metal All Is Calm snowflake embellishments to the negative frame using white Baker's Twine.  The added rhinestones sparkle just like the snow does on sunny days.

I think we forget to have simple fun as we get older.  Like the sentiment says:  Take time to chase snowflakes.






















For more cards that make you take notice of the words, check out The Paper Plunge.

For more cards all about the weather and with a metal embellishment, check out the Friday Mashup for which I have also included my desire to be on the Design Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments or questions.