Monday 5 February 2018

My Heart is Perfect...

Valentine's Day is coming up soon.  How can you tell?  Check out people's blogs and you'll find romance or hearts or both.  Am I going to be different?  Nope!  This is the one time of the year that I haul out all those hearts and sweet sentiments.  Are you ready to see what I've done?

There is a really odd looking heart in the Sunshine Wishes thinlits die set which is all scribbles.  That's the heart for which I reached when I decided to create this clean and simple card.  First, however, I took a base of Heavy Whisper White cardstock and attached a die-cut cross-stitched rectangle of Whisper White.  Then I proceeded to add some Brilliant Red Brusho crystals and a spray of water.  To get a bit more of a controlled look, I took a medium sized artist's brush and moved some of the colour around.  Once that was done, I took the card and used my heat gun to thoroughly dry the layers.

I cut two images with the scribble heart die.  One image is Whisper White, the other image is Basic Black.  I glued the Whisper White heart on top of the Basic Black one, allowing it to overlap just a tiny bit to show both colours.  Then I glued the die-cuts to my prepared card and added the sentiment using Basic Black ink.


Don't you just love the simple lines?

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

HLS February CAS Challenge - with a twist of Hearts


CAS February 2018 Watercolour Card Challenge - Heart

7 comments:

  1. A perfect CAS card! A wonderful patch of Brushos for your lovely heart die and a great sentiment! I like the slight shadow from the black die cut to set of the white die cut. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Watercolour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite heart dies, Heidi! I love how you've stacked it and the pretty Brusho background! Wonderful sentiment too! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful effect with the die cut in black and white, I love the black out line you got. Also love the splash of pink with your brushos. Thanks for joining us at CAS watercolour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a lovely sentiment and how clever to echo it by placing your splash of pink inside the heart die. Thanks for playing along with the HLS CAS Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous design Heidi!! LOVE the layered white on white. The brushos add a beautiful punch of colour. And your layered scribble heart is awesome. Love the idea of showing a little black shadow. Very creative. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour. I just read your "About Me". I live on the mainland (Delta) but am heading for a brief holiday next month in North Saanich, staying at a place overlooking the ocean. Can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your brusho spray, Heidi. Your card is beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.