Thursday 31 May 2018

HLS June Watercolour Challenge - A Little Smile

My goodness!  It's already June and time for another Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge.  While the challenge is always "Anything Goes" this month the twist is to add a Smile.


I used a piece of Mixed Media vellum paper to stamp my happy little Smile stamp.  Yes, it's retired, but how could I get rid of those adorable little hedgehogs?  Once the ink was completely dry, I began my watercolouring, using my Derwent Inktense and Watercolour pencils.  Once I had coloured everything to my liking, I took my AquaPainter and brushed over the colours.  Some I did "fast and sloppy" to spread the colour beyond the lines.  Others I brushed over lightly to keep the images clean and bright. 

Afterwards I used my "wonky" rectangle die which adds so much lovely interest to the border, don't you agree?  Then I mounted the piece to a base of Heavy Whisper White, raised on foam Dimensionals.


Our winner for this challenge will receive a $20 coupon to spend at the shop! Check out all the details HERE.

IF YOU USE STAMPS BY HAPPY LITTLE STAMPERS AND YOU ARE OUR RANDOM WINNER, YOUR PRIZE WILL BE DOUBLED!

Hope you will pop over and see what my Team Mates have created and come join us this month for our Anything Goes Watercolour Challenge with the Optional twist of a Smile.

7 comments:

  1. This is so cute Heidi - the hedgies are so sweet and I love how you framed them.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful happy card. Love the image on vellum.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stamp used. These hedgehogs are so cute and fit the theme of the challenge perfectly. Great design!
    Hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a gorgeous happy card Heidi. Certainly put a smile on my face. Lovely colouring and that wonky die fits so nicely here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card! Love the hedgies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet sentiment and a lovely card to send someone! Those guys are just so darn cute! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much fun and so cute, Heidi ... those little sign holding hedgehogs are just adorable! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.