Friday 31 August 2018

HLS September Watercolour Challenge - Optional Twist Butterflies

We've had a weird summer.  So much smoke has drifted over to our province from the nearly 600 wildfires burning in British Columbia that many of the birds and butterflies haven't been evident.  With September bringing colder nights (and days) in this part of the world, I think that I will be waiting for next year to see many of these delightful creatures visiting my flowers.  By now you'll realize I'm thinking of butterflies because that's our Optional Twist for September's challenge.

For my card I went "wild" with some of my Distress Oxide inks and also my Brushos (the lovely Gamboge in particular).  I think the colours are particularly appropriate for September as the greens will be turning yellow and orange this month.  But don't the colours make a wonderful background for that sparkling die-cut butterfly?  And because butterflies do make my heart sing, what could be a better sentiment than this one from the Happy Little Stampers Born to be Wild stamp set?  The black heat embossing really makes it pop against those background colours, doesn't it?


I had such fun creating this card.  Playing with watercolours brings me back to my childhood and brings back such great memories.



Our winner for this challenge will receive a $20 coupon to spend at the shop! Check out all the details HERE.

IF YOU USE STAMPS BY HAPPY LITTLE STAMPERS AND YOU ARE OUR RANDOM WINNER, YOUR PRIZE WILL BE DOUBLED!


Hope you'll pop over to see what my Team Mates have created and come join us this month at our Happy Little Stampers September Watercolour Challenge with the optional twist of butterflies.

5 comments:

  1. Your pretty background does have a lovely autumnal feel Heidi and the sparkly butterfly looks beautiful against it.I'm sorry to hear about the smoke from the wildfires - there are so many people and creatures affected aren't there?
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the colours, they are beautiful with your sparkly and beautiful butterfly.
    Faiht
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely background Heidi. It makes your gorgeous butterfly pop. Soooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Brusho colour, too, but don't think to use it! Your background is beautiful and that sparkly butterfly is really pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your background is amazing! It looks like a mosaic consisting of many colors. This is beautifully highlighted by the blue butterfly. Stunning card.
    XX

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.