Tuesday 4 September 2018

HLS September Christmas Challenge - With a Twist of Trees

Among the cards in my Christmas stash, I always like to include a few which are simple, elegant, and non-traditional.  That's what I decided to do with the card I created for the Happy Little Stampers Christmas challenge.

Although the challenge is an "anything goes", I decided to play along with the "optional twist of tree".  I took my inspiration from a piece of Designer Paper which is simply white with black trees randomly spaced on it.  I used a base of Heavy Whisper White cardstock, added a layer of Basic Black and then added the piece of Designer Paper.  Then I heat embossed the evergreen from the Lovely as a Tree stamp set using black embossing powder on vellum.  When that had cooled, I cut out the embossed tree and mounted it on the die-cut white rectangle with its black matte.  To finish off, I die-cut the word "peace" as well as a star from some silver foil cardstock.


The card is simple, elegant, and worked out as beautifully as I had hoped it would.

Our winner for this challenge will receive a $20 coupon to spend at the shop! Check out all the details HERE.

IF YOU USE STAMPS BY HAPPY LITTLE STAMPERS AND YOU ARE OUR RANDOM WINNER, YOUR PRIZE WILL BE DOUBLED!

 

Hope you'll pop over to see what my Team Mates have created and come join us this month at our Happy Little Stampers September Christmas Challenge with the optional twist of tree.

6 comments:

  1. beautiful non traditional card - love black and cream
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a striking design Heidi and the monochrome look works so beautifully.Love how you stamped the tree onto vellum!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautifully simple and elegant, Heidi, and peaceful as the sentiment suggests.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Heidi. Love the black and white color scheme. Love that embossed tree - you did an great job cutting it out. Love all the details... the silver sentiment, rectangle die cut that the tree is mounted on... wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant card Heidi, you must have a lot of patience fussy cutting the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An exceptionally beautiful and elegant design. I love the monochormatic nature of the card. The theme of trees in the background looks great and beautifully harmonizes with the main theme of the card. I love your card, Heidi.
    Hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.