Thursday 4 October 2018

HLS October Christmas Challenge - With a Twist of "Ribbon"

I don't use a lot of ribbon.  Oh, I buy it because it looks so great in the catalogue or on the shelf, but when push comes to shove, I always love my cards with little or no additional embellishment.  Once in a while I use ribbon.  It's just not a regular "thing".  So you can imagine how I felt when I realized that the twist for this challenge would be "Ribbon".  I had a lot of ideas but the one which finally stuck was to really make the card "all about ribbon".  I kinda like it.  How about you?


This is an incredible ribbon.  It's retired now and I will admit that I didn't use it much on cards (it just seemed rather overwhelming) but it is flat out gorgeous.  You can see how pretty it looks but believe me, it feels sumptuous, too, with that silky, satin softness and all.  This ribbon is 3.2 cm wide (1 1/4") and it dominates the card.  I kept the background simple with that diagonal designer paper and also  kept the sentiment simple, adding it to a stitched tag stamped with Real Red ink and tied to the large ribbon with a skinny 3.2 mm wide (1/8") diagonal striped red and white ribbon.


Our winner for this challenge will receive a $20 coupon to spend at the shop! Check out all the details HERE.

IF YOU USE STAMPS BY HAPPY LITTLE STAMPERS AND YOU ARE OUR RANDOM WINNER, YOUR PRIZE WILL BE DOUBLED!

Hope you'll pop over to see what my Team Mates have created and come join us this month at our Happy Little Stampers October Christmas Challenge with the optional twist of Ribbon.

4 comments:

  1. I have a couple of draws full of ribbons too, hardly used, but seeing your luxurious card I wonder why I don't, this is VERY beautiful.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you I rarely use ribbon despite having a large box full! I love this though, great idea to make the ribbon the focus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a simple design and at the same time so elegant and dazzling. I love your card

    ReplyDelete
  4. That IS gorgeous ribbon, Heidi, and I love how you used it on your card. It looks just like a wrapped present.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.