Friday 15 February 2019

Sharing the Love

Oh my!  Can I have slipped into the new year and completely missed January?  Well it's time to share some love.  I can't stop playing with my wonderful House Mouse images.  Strangely enough, the one which I used for this card came from Michael's and was supposed to be a Christmas image.  Doesn't it look like a Valentine to you?


Of course I've added those little floating hearts myself, but for me, at least, this image simply shouts out Happy Valentine's Day.  I kept it clean and simple, anchoring the images with a "floor" of bright red.  That was coloured with my Stampin' Markers.  The images are coloured with love using my wax-based pencils and Gamsol.

For my matte I took a piece of Poppy Parade cardstock to echo the red  in the picture.  The sentiment came from another one of my House Mouse stamp sets and is perfect for the card.  I may be a day late for Valentine's and over a month late into this new year, but I'm happy to be back.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge #284 - Anything goes/Love & Valentine's

CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge #308 - Sketch


7 comments:

  1. Darling take on this week's sketch, those mice are so cute. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' this very cute CAS card-and of course the red is my favorite! Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge! ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES, I agree, this pair are a perfect Valentine couple, and with the added hearts and pops of bright Valentine red, it is perfect! So glad you have joined the fun at the House Mouse and Friends MOnday Challenge and our Special Blog Hop.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute CAS Love card Heidi, love how the red pops from the card great take on the option Love theme.
    Thanks for sharing with us @ House Mouse & friends Mon chall blog hop..good luck

    mousey hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, perfect for Valentine, a sweet image and a lovely card. Time does seem to be going so fast atm here too. LOL.
    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet image! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet image with the floating hearts. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches this week. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.