Thursday 1 March 2018

Back to the Beginning

Just about seven years ago, when I began my interest in paper crafting, I fell in love with an embossing folder.  It was a simple one.  Four trees of various heights stood to the left with a lot of empty space to the right.  Little did I know that what attracted me to this embossing folder, what compelled me to buy this embossing folder, was my love of simplicity.  Oh, I've done fancy.  I've done very fancy.  But in the end, I always find myself trying for simplicity.

This embossing folder, by Tim Holtz, a name which I didn't even recognize at the time, gives me that simplicity.  I was, therefore, thrilled to see that the second part of the "Less is More" 7th Birthday Celebration called for dry embossing.   This is, in effect, my 7th year celebration as well.

Except for the die-cut sentiment which I glued on with Tombow liquid adhesive, this is a one layer card.  I've used Heavy Whisper White as my single layer, embossing the three trees directly on it.  It's clean.  It's simple.  It showcases an embossing folder close to my heart.


I'm entering this card into the "Less is More" Challenge #365 - Dry Embossing

6 comments:

  1. I love the sentiment with this embossing folder it certainly invokes the feeling of peace.
    Congrats on your 7years too.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is CAS perfection! The all white color scheme is so wintry and stylish. I love the fun style of those trees! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous, Heidi. I can see why you fell in love with it.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very beautiful and so very elegant xx

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.