Friday 2 March 2018

A Piece of My Heart

I love Penny Black stamps, especially the adorable cats and critters.  This one is all about the critters, hedgehogs, in fact.  Is there anything more cute than two little hedgehogs in love?

I decided to stamp the image from the Piece of My Heart set on Shimmery White cardstock.  I love colouring on this paper because it has a lovely surface and also allows a soft shimmer to show through the colours.  The results are really very satisfying.  After stamping the image, I used a stitched square die to cut it out, making sure I had a skinny border on two sides of the remaining cardstock.

I used my alcohol Stampin' Blends to colour the adorable little hedgehogs and that heart they share, adding a bit of sky and ground.  Then I added foam adhesive strips to the back.

I used a base of Heavy Whisper White, added a piece of Real Red cardstock and then added the negative piece of Shimmery White left from cutting out the image.  I carefully lined up the stitched square with the image and attached it to the spot from which I had cut it.  Because of the foam adhesive strips, you can see a bit of red border underneath.


As you can see, I also added a scattering of red foil hearts above the die-cut.

I'm entering this card into the PBSC February - Anything Goes

I'm also entering this card into the Double D Challenges: Woodland Creatures

3 comments:

  1. Such a delightful card with those adorable hedgies.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww this is so adorable Heidi! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Woodland Creatures’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute and adorable card, I love the PB critters, too! thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.