Monday 18 August 2014

SCCC 38---Peace on Earth

Those of you who have been following my blog will know that I try to participate in the weekly Christmas Card Challenge to which one of my friends introduced me.  I love the chance to create a Christmas card, no matter what the time of year.  This week's challenge is to use embossing folders or heat-set embossing on the card.  Or both.  You probably already know I'll be using both.

A few weeks back, at our local Farmer's Market, I had happened to buy a beautiful Memory Box die called Deer Trio.  I love deer.  They were so much a part of my life back in Grand Forks, BC where I used to live.  They roamed everywhere, even in town.  Clearly the die was meant for me to buy.

I chose to make my die-cut out of Basic Black.  The deer would simply be silhouettes against an embossed Silver Foil background.  I embossed the Silver Foil with my Northern Flurry embossing folder and loved the way the foil took such beautifully sharp embossing.  My base cardstock, of course, had to be Basic Black.

Overall, I already loved the results.  For the one finishing touch of a sentiment, however, I chose to use my Vellum cardstock which I first heat embossed using Black Embossing powder.  Then I cut it into a banner and attached it across the top of the largest embossed snowflake using tiny silver brads.

I stopped while the card was still clean and simple.


















For more cards in this challenge, check out the Christmas Card Challenge.

I've also entered the card into an animal theme challenge.  I love that it concentrates on clean and simple designs.  For more of these card, check out "Less is More".


12 comments:

  1. Superbe carte. Les floçons de neige donnent un aspect grandiose. J'adore votre carte!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup pour les beaux commentaires, Nathalie.

      Delete
  2. Lovely card Heidi !! Great images & embossing !

    ReplyDelete
  3. A striking and adorable animal family and superb for Christmas.
    Adore your background colors and embossing
    Thanks for sharing
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Sarah. I'm glad to have had the opportunity to use the die cut. Love your challenges.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card, Heidi. Love the black and silver, very striking. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Marsha. I love the deer. I guess black and white would have been just as striking. I don't know what led me to use silver...

      Delete
  5. This is a very striking card... love it!
    Thanks so much for joining us!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Chrissie. I enjoy your challenges.

      Delete
  6. Heidi what a stunning card, love it!
    Thank you for joining this week's Less is More Challenge, animals.
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne. I really enjoyed your challenge. It wouldn't have been as effective all cluttered up.

      Delete

I welcome your comments or questions.