Sunday 2 November 2014

Ode to Remembrance Day --- keeping it Clean and Simple!

With all that is happening in Canada and in the world, Remembrance Day is very much on my mind.  My Dad was a veteran and gave out poppies for donations and so, when I come across veterans doing so now, I feel compelled to buy a poppy "for him".  This card is for Remembrance and for my Dad.

I kept the card very Clean and Simple, making it a single sheet creation.  I had this idea in my head and, thankfully, had the stamps to bring that idea into reality.  I used Whisper White for my cardstock because it stamps cleanly and gives crisp images.  For my background stamp, I used the Hero Stamps "Delicate Blossoms".  I love the poppies in that set but only inked up one.

Over that poppy, I stamped the silhouette from the Stampin' Up! "For Your Country" stamp set.  I put it over towards the right side to avoid interference from the dark centre of the poppy.  Luckily I also had a sentiment that would work for my card and that came from the Stampin' Up! Project Life "Remember This" stamp set.

I coloured the poppy using my Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities.  I also went over the silhouette with my Stampin' Basic Black marker just to give it more depth.  Finally I added a touch of green to the grass.

I left a lot of white space to call attention to my images.  I hope you like it.



There are two challenges into which I'm entering this card, both of which call for CAS (clean and simple) cards.

Please check out CAS on Sunday.

And also check out Addicted to Stamps and More.

6 comments:

  1. How appropriate for this time of year, a great combination of stamps.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julie. I knew what I wanted to create and am so happy I found the right stamps in my crafting supplies.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely way to celebrate your dad and such a lovely design, that single poppy as a backdrop is so striking. Beautiful one layer card and thank you once again for sharing at ATSM, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Anita. I really appreciate your comments.

      Delete
  3. That is a very pretty card, Heidi. I love the combination of the stamps. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.