Monday 2 February 2015

Hugs & Kisses

February is the LOVE month.  You go into the stores and everywhere you look there is the red and white that defines Valentine's Day.  Hearts abound!  You can buy kisses everywhere---well, chocolate ones, anyway.

My card is all about kisses---well, hugs and kisses.  I've embraced the huge Ampersand embossing folder and really made it show off by using a piece of the retired Real Red Core'dinations paper.  Sanding the raised image slightly makes that ampersand something special, indeed.  I wanted to keep things simple and so used the Good Greetings stamp set and inked up the "hugs" of the hugs & kisses stamp with some Whisper White craft ink and stamped it at the upper left of the ampersand.  Then I inked up the "kisses", inked it using the same craft ink and stamped it at the lower right of the ampersand.  Simple but very effective.

I decided to use my Hearts Border punch along the top of the Real Red piece and then mounted it on a base of Naturals White.  Just for fun I punched out one extra heart from my Silver Glimmer paper and glued that into the second heart from the left.  To finish off I added three Rhinestones alone the left top margin and then another three along the right bottom margin.


For more cards using the code word Hugs and Kisses, check out Addicted to CAS.


For more projects including Valentine Wishes, check out SUO Challenges.

For more cards including hugs and kisses, check out the Curtain Call Challenge.

14 comments:

  1. Love your sanded ampersand with the "hugs & kisses" sentiment- perfect for Valentine's Day! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Julie. I'm glad I bought a decent supply of all the colours in the Core'dinations. Love the sanded embossing and wish it hadn't retired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO AWESOME!!! That huge ampersand really makes a statement - love the addition of jewels and the heart border - makes this card super pleasing and easy in the eyes!!! Love it!! Hope your day is a happy one!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Taunya. Your comments really made my day.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I love how you used the ampersand! This is one of the few embossing folders I never bought because I had no idea how I would use it. You rocked it! Thanks for the inspiration and for joining us at ATCAS. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Shana. Any words you can find that link well with an "and" would work beautifully.

      Delete
  5. beautiful card, and very clever use of the ampersand along with the hear border at the top!! Love the elegance and simplicity of this card. So glad you joined in the challenge this week at SUO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh sweet and simple! That's my favorite kind of card! Love the use of embossed ampersand! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mary. I hadn't used that ampersand before and love its effect.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful! Love the way you inked the edges of ampersand :) Thank you for sharing with ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comments, Deepti.

      Delete
  8. I love your distressed ampersand - its perfect for the challenge. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jaydee. I really enjoyed keeping it simple for the challenge.

      Delete

I welcome your comments or questions.