Saturday 4 August 2018

HLS August Christmas Challenge - With a Twist of Sequins

Little by little I'm adding to my stash of cards for Christmas.  It makes me feel good to have these put aside and not to be frantic to create them all later, when I should just be relaxing and writing to my friends and family.

For this card I decided to go with the "twist of sequins" offered as a choice with the challenge.  Since I made that decision, I went about looking through my stamps, deciding which one would look best with the addition of sequins.  No, I didn't make a shaker card.  I chose this reindeer stamp instead.

Since I was house-sitting at the time I made this card, I actually found this fantastic stamp among my daughter's things.  Do you think I remembered to write down what the name of the stamp might be?  Let's just enjoy it and if I get time, I'll see if I can find that out.


I used a lot of H2O paints to colour this creation.  I thought the shimmery colours were perfect, especially with the added tiny silver and gold sequins.  I used the lovely Gina Marie Pierced Chain die set to cut out my stamped piece and then added a Merry Merlot matte before attaching it to the base of Heavy Very Vanilla. 


Our winner for this challenge will receive a $20 coupon to spend at the shop! Check out all the details HERE.

IF YOU USE STAMPS BY HAPPY LITTLE STAMPERS AND YOU ARE OUR RANDOM WINNER, YOUR PRIZE WILL BE DOUBLED!

Hope you'll pop over to see what my Team Mates have created and come join us this month at our Happy Little Stampers August Christmas Challenge with the optional twist of sequins.

7 comments:

  1. I forget to use my H2O's. Beautiful job. It is fun to get some cards made ahead of time
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a graceful deer Heidi and your sequins look like little silver snowflakes. Gorgeous!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Beautiful stamp and you used great colours for it.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this reindeer image you've used and the shimmery paints are perfect for it, Heidi. I really love that pierced die - I've not seen it before. Lovely use of those tiny sequins too. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Love that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the soft coloring on the image, Heidi. The sequins are so perfectly placed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, this stamp is great. I love the silhouette of a deer against the setting sun. Beautiful card

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.