Thursday 11 January 2018

HLS January ATC Challenge - From a Tiny Acorn

Well, I'm entering 2018, already having learned something new.   It's a bit of a thrill to both solve a mystery and to try something new as a new year begins.

What is this new thing I've learned?  Well I've been seeing "ATC" here and there and have even seen whole challenges featuring ATC's.  Finally I began doing a search and discovered that this is a new and novel way to showcase one's art.  They are "Artists' Trading Cards", in case, like me, you've been wondering.  They are always 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" but outside of the size, there aren't any rules.  Well, except for having one's name and a run-down of techniques/products used on the back.  So, instead of giving out business cards, artists have begun doing this.  So cool!

Of course I had to try my hand at making one of these ATCs.  Since my newest and most fun technique of the moment is using Brushos, that is the first thing that came to mind in creating this ATC.  After deciding that, it was just a matter of having fun.

It's all about trees for the January HLS ATC Challenge and so I decided to use my Lovely As A Tree Stamp set.  That one remains my favourite when it comes to trees.  Using the "mighty" Oak tree as well as the branch with the Oak leaves and acorn, I stamped the images on a piece of Whisper White backed with Soft Suede.  Then I used my alcohol Stampin' Blends to colour the scene.  Turning to the tiny Labeler Alphabet, I spelled out "GROW" in the upper right corner.  And I was done.


I hope you'll check out the HLS January ATC Challenge like I did. 

3 comments:

  1. Well that really is a magnificent oak tree stamp and I love the little close up of the acorn leaf too - such an iconic leaf shape and one of the few I can always recognise. Super vibrant blue background to show it off too. So welcome to the world of atcs and thanks for playing at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely little bush tree! Turned out great! Thanks for joining in at HLS ATC Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely ATC ..... love the oak tree stamp. Thank you for playing along with the HLS ATC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.