Monday 1 January 2018

Bringing in the New Year

I have a lot of products, stamps and tools.  No, I'm not bragging, that's a fact.  Right now, however, I am in a situation where I have the very barest of essentials.  Why is that?  Well, I'm house-sitting for my daughter while she, her husband, and the boys are enjoying the Mexican sun.  House-sitting doesn't really describe what I'm doing.  Besides the house, there are two LARGE dogs and four cats.  I'm taking care of them as well.  I brought a few things with me so that I could pass some time crafting but clearly I didn't bring enough.

Luckily my daughter has a few stamps.  I helped myself to one, an older, retired set from Stampin' Up! which I most likely gave her a few years ago, but tonight it was a godsend.  I wanted to enter the Less is More Challenge, you see.  Nothing that I had brought, except for my Brushos, really worked for the sketch.


Actually the paper I brought with me isn't the best for my Brushos, either, but beggars can't be choosers.  I used normal white stamping paper.  I held my breath waiting for it to pill or do horrible things when I painted it with my Brusho, but it held together admirably well and, with a bit of heat, dried perfectly well.  

For the top curve I used Ultramarine and for the bottom curve I used Emerald Green and then a bit of the Ultramarine.  After that was dry I used my Memento ink to stamp the images from the Up In the Air set.  The line drawings and silhouettes lent themselves perfectly to the layout.  I used my alcohol Stampin' Blends to add some colour to the flowers and leaves and then stamped the sentiment from the Just Add Text stamp set.

After adding a black matte, I mounted it on a base of heavy white.

Clearly I don't need everything I've piled up in my Crafting Room.

I'm entering this card in the Less is More double challenge #360 & #361.

4 comments:

  1. it's a wonderful card; at least you made an effort, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the two small nature scene you created in your card! Great stamps and fun brush backgrounds. Aren't CAS cards great -not so much supplies are needed! Beautiful work with minimum supplies! Happy New Year and thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card, love the way the scene is split using the sketch.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.