Tuesday 15 July 2014

Let It Snow (at least on my card!)

It's July and I am not inviting snow to fall.  Please take back the tar and feathers and calm down!

I've decided to enter a Christmas Card challenge and the one necessary item for the card was that it has sequins on it.  Well, the very first thing that popped into my head was a Christmas tree and I proceeded to look through my stamp sets for an appropriate image.  As luck would have it, the first set that I came across had the most amazing "Let it Snow" text on it along with a cascade of snowflakes.  It appealed to me immediately and so the card was born.  The sentiment---don't take it seriously.

I added some additional snowflakes from another stamp set and then set out to choose my colours.  The only sequins whose whereabouts I knew were the most recent ones I bought from Stampin' Up! in last year's In-Colors.  That decided me on my colours because one of the In-Colors is Coastal Cabana, a gorgeous blue that I knew I could accent with white and also Island Indigo.  I chose to do all my stamping in the Coastal Cabana as well as have the base cardstock in the colour.
Then I rounded two of the corners of all the layers and the base and assembled my pieces.  Last of all came the sequins.  Some of them are stars, some are round and all are in Coastal Cabana.


For more cards in this challenge, visit Merry Monday Christmas Card challenge.

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love those crisp, cool colours you've chosen! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Karren. I really loved the challenge.

      Delete
  2. SUCH a perfect colour choice! I love it! (And although it's July, with the humidex supposed to be in the 40s Celsius today I might like a little snow!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessi. I swear the card cooled me off for a few minutes. ;)

      Delete
  3. Very pretty. Love the sequins in the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, JoAnn. I'm not much for sequins but they worked really well for this card.

      Delete

I welcome your comments or questions.