Monday 26 January 2015

So Sweet --- FM194

I love the Friday Mashup because it mixes things up.  This week, for example, they are challenging people to create a project that combines baby with the colours tangerine, aqua and brown (plus a neutral).  Well, my neutral was easy enough.  White is one of my go-to colours, especially where baby cards are concerned.  The tangerine gave me a few second thoughts until I decided that, for baby especially, Crisp Cantaloupe is a washed-out tangerine.  The rest, Coastal Cabana and Baked Brown Sugar were easier to choose.


For my stamping I used the adorable little bunny from the Baby, We've Grown set as my image and the Hello Life set for my sentiment.  As an added mix-up I also entered the "Less is More" challenge for my sketch.

                                      

My base is Whisper White with my next layer being the wonderfully versatile Irresistibly Yours Designer Paper available through Sale-a-bration.  I sponged the edges with alternating Crisp Cantaloupe and Coastal Cabana to showcase the stars.

I decided to use a long strip of Vellum cardstock for my sentiment and first stamped it with the "so sweet" stamp using Baked Brown Sugar and then stamped right over it using my Versamark.  That way I was able to heat emboss the sentiment with my Clear embossing powder.  The Photopolymer stamps make exact stamping over an image as easy as can be.


For more cards using the baby theme and/or the colour scheme, check out the Friday Mashup.

For more cards using this sketch, check out "Less is More".

8 comments:

  1. Heidi your bunnies are totally adorable, great take on the sketch!
    Thank so much for joining in at Less is More this week
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Anne. I love the bunny in that stamp set. With a bit of masking you can have a dozen of them.

      Delete
  2. how adorable is this card; thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute bunny card and love your backdrop and colours
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sarah. That background Designer Paper is such fun!

      Delete
  4. I bought this stamp set just for that bunny... he's just the cutest!
    Thanks so much for joining us!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Chrissie. I love the bunny and have used him so often without tiring of him. I also love the beautiful image of the bridge and groom in that set. It's definitely a stamp set that I'll always keep.

      Delete

I welcome your comments or questions.