Tuesday 16 September 2014

Sweet baby girls

A friend asked me to make her two baby girl cards.  Of course I said yes.  I haven't made very many baby girl cards in the past couple of years.  It seems as if baby boys have been in the majority.  Even though the cards are going to different people and different countries, I didn't just want to make two carbon copies.  What's the fun in that, after all?

For card number one I decided to enter a sketch challenge just to get the creative juices flowing.  I decided on this sketch:

It's nice to have a starting point.  After that I went through my stamp options and paper options.  For my stamps I went with "Baby We've Grown" and "Something for Baby" for the front of the card and then the retired sets, "Cuddles and Kisses" and "Best of Brides and Babies" for the inside.  For the paper, I chose Blushing Bride for my base cardstock, then a layer of Whisper White, a layer of Marina Mist and, finally, a layer of Whisper White onto which I did my stamping.  

I decided to do all my stamping on the one sheet and so had to mask the bunny in order to get three good images that appeared to be sitting side by side.  I coloured the bunnies using my Blendabilities. I also traced my Banners Framelit using my Black Project Life Journalling Pen and then coloured it using my Blendabilities.  Then I stamped  the "Oh Baby" to the left side of the images.

For the clothesline I used my White Baker's Twine and punched out hearts and booties.  


I kept up the "cute" for the inside as well:


For more cards using this sketch, check out CAS(E) this Sketch.

The second card wasn't made for a challenge.  I used the same colour palette and used the same stamp sets for the front.  The cards couldn't be any more different, despite those similarities.  I used some retired Designer Paper for which I'm not sure of the name.  I also used the retired Blushing Bride Pleated Satin Ribbon and the retired Bitty Buttons.  The baby carriage is the one from the Something for Baby stamp set but instead of stamping it solid, I just went around the edges of the stamp with my black marker and then stamped it on Whisper White before cutting it out with the matching framelit.  Then I coloured the body and hood with my Blushing Bride marker.


On the inside I used the retired Cuddles and Kisses stamp set as well as the current Baby We've Grown stamp set.


I hope you've enjoyed my two baby girl cards.  If you get a moment, it's great to read people's comments.  Thanks so much.

4 comments:

  1. both cards are lovely; I'm really enjoying this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, I'm so glad you're enjoying my blog. I try to keep it varied and fun.

      Delete
  2. Oh, these are both adorable! Super sweet take on the CTS sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Leigh. I'm glad I was able to get the sketch to work.

      Delete

I welcome your comments or questions.