Monday 8 September 2014

Thankful for you --- through the window

*Proud to be a Spotlight Artist for the City Crafter Challenge Blog*

I've always wanted a window die and couldn't find one.  Finally the lady at our Farmer's Market ordered one in for me and I'm thrilled to use it.  The bonus is that I can enter this card into a challenge that appears to be made for it.  It's called "I see clearly" and requires the use of vellum, acetate, clear plastic, etc.  For my card, I used the acrylic window sheet for the panes of my window.  Besides that, I used some of the modelling paste mixed with a few drops of Smoky Slate ink and my bricks stencil.  Before I added that to my Whisper White cardstock, however, I pencilled in the window shape so that the inside, where the panes would be, would be clear.





For inside the window, I stamped the birds in the nest from the World of Dreams stamp set.  That, plus the sunset colours added with a stamp from the Work of Art stamp set made the perfect view through the panes.




I used a base of Naturals White followed by a layer of Basic Black.  Then I added the Whisper White with the modelling paste bricks and the window on it.  The sentiment from the hostess Good Greeting stamp set was perfect.

 And then I decided that maybe the card would look better with some Autumn leaves added to the white space beside the sentiment.  So I heat embossed two leaves and an acorn from the Falling Leaves stamp set (retired) using Early Espresso embossing powder.  Then I coloured them in using my Blendabilities and attached them with some Snail.

Overall, I think the vellum leaves really give this card a finishing touch.


For more cards that include window sheets or vellum, check out City Crafter Challenges.


For more cards that include Autumn leaves, check out Curtain Call.


For more cards where anything goes, check out Addicted to Stamps and More.

ANYTHING GOES with the optional twist of Get Well / Thinking of You

For another challenge that includes leaves, check out "Just Us Girls" Challenge.


20 comments:

  1. What a great card!! Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for those wonderful compliments, Ros. I enjoy the challenges at CCCB.

      Delete
  2. truly an autumn card that'll bring joy to someone that'll receive it; thanks for sharing your wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...love this scene you've created, Heidi! Awesome detail with the brick wall, window frame and leaves! Hope you didn't get any of that dreaded white stuff that's been hitting Alberta :) So happy you could join us at ATS&M!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Lee-Anne. The dreaded white stuff is falling even as I type.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card Heidi. LOVE your faux brick wall ... perfect done in the smoky slate. Beautiful scene outside your window ... love the bright yellow and orange. Thanks for joining us at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Loll. I'm enjoying the modelling paste ever since I discovered it a few weeks ago.

      Delete
  5. This is just lovely - a die worth waiting for and you've made a beautiful card with it! Thanks for playing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Katie. I'm so happy I finally have a window die. It really should be a die for all seasons.

      Delete
  6. This is beautiful!!! Love the view from your windows, and the brickwork is fantastic, so realistic. Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week. Monika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Monika. I appreciate your comments.

      Delete
  7. this card is so awesome! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Heidi! Your window and the brick wall look amazing! Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Amy. I had so much fun creating this card!

      Delete
  9. Love the textured bricks and how they fade away. Your window is beautiful and I love the foreground leaves!
    thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Cheryl. I'm glad to take part in the challenge.

      Delete
  10. Ohhhhhh, the thinks you will create with that die!!! I love your creation! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sue. I am so happy to have finally gotten this die. I, too, see many more creations using it.

      Delete

I welcome your comments or questions.