Friday 23 February 2018

What would I do without you?

Penny Black has created some wonderful stamp sets.  I love the variety.  When I found a challenge all about cats, I had quite a few designers from which to choose, but in the end, chose a set by Penny Black which I have had for quite a long time.  Not only does it feature a happy-go-lucky cat image which simply makes me smile, but it also features some other adorable critters such as mice and hedgehogs.  This time I'm using one of the cat images, of course.

While Valentine's Day is over, love happens year-round.  This cat carrying the lovely large heart-shaped box of candies is not only going to make someone special very happy, but is also making two mice very happy as well.  I wonder how many candies will actually be left in the box, don't you?

I kept my card clean and simple, colouring the images with a combination of markers and alcohol inks.  After cutting the images and sentiment out using my stitched rectangle dies, I chose a wonky square die to cut out a piece of scrap red textured cardstock to give a bit of a pop behind the white shapes. 


The image and sentiment are both from Penny Black's Piece of My Heart set.

I'm entering this card in the Addicted to CAS challenge #130 - CAT


I'm also entering my card into the Cute Card Thursday Challenge #518 - Cute Critters

1 comment:

I welcome your comments or questions.