Tuesday 27 February 2018

Wishing You Happiness!

I've gotten a couple of stamp sets which have just been released by Kylie Purtell of Happy Little Stampers way down under in Australia.  I wish the sets had come with mini-passports because they've travelled around the world.

Of course I had to try them out and one in particular was really pleading with me to use it.  The Dandelion Wishes set has some lovely images of the dandelion "clocks", ready to be blown away with the breeze.  If you're like me, you probably love those images, too.  I know that I loved blowing the seeds away when I was a kid (and still do) and, of course, my daughter and now my grandsons also love doing the same thing.

I decided to combine one of those dandelion clocks with a fairy from the Fairy Celebrations stamp set.  It's sweet.  It's whimsical.  It was fun to create.  I kept it clean and simple and then added a sentiment at the bottom, stamped in Calypso Coral, from the Dandelion Wishes stamp set.


I stamped the image of the fairy on white Mixed Media paper.  Then I heat embossed the image of the dandelion clock using white embossing powder, making sure it appeared to be in her left hand.  After the embossing was cold, I went over it with a sponge and Marina Mist ink, using the emboss resist technique.  Once that was done and I had coloured the fairy using my alcohol Stampin' Blends, I used a cross stitch rectangle die to cut it out.  Then I added a narrow Calypso Coral matte to the piece and mounted it above the sentiment. 

The paper which I've used as my base is actually a natural white.  It has all sorts of fibres and spots in it since it hasn't been bleached like the fancier cardstocks.  I like the effect and hope you do as well.

I'm entering this card in the CAS Colours & Sketches challenge #261 since I used the sketch as inspiration.

I'm also entering this card into the Addicted to Stamps and More challenge #281 - Anything Goes.

7 comments:

  1. OH! This is so sweet, love the happy dandelion memories, we all love blowing the seed heads don't we? Love the idea of the fairy holding the dandelion head.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card, Heidi! I have always liked dandelions even though they are considered weeds. They are so bright and cheerful and I love that silvery white fluff they become.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card! Love the coloring. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to have the fairy hold the dandelion, Heidi. Thanks for sharing your card at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute idea to combine the two images. Thanks for joining us for this week's CC&S challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The whimsical fairy holding onto the dandelion made me smile! Thanks for sharing your card with us at CC&S! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pairing of the fairy and the dandelion fluff is absolutely magical! So sweet! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the Addicted to Stamps and More gallery.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.