Wednesday 21 November 2018

Fun With a Sketch - Season's Tweetings

I was "cruising" around the challenges and found a sketch that appealed to me.  It was perfect for the very first ever Lawn Fawn bundle that I've bought.


Those little birds look so happy that I can almost hear them tweeting their joyous little songs, can't you?  I kept it simple, stamping the sentiment towards the top using the gorgeous Blueberry Bushel ink and then stamped the branch towards the bottom using Early Espresso ink.  I stamped the birds onto the branch and then stamped them again on a scrap piece of Whisper White.  Then I stamped the little musical notes above the birds.

I coloured the little birds using my AquaPainter and Balmy Blue.  Once that was dry, I used my Stampin' Markers to colour the earmuffs, scarf and beaks.  After cutting the birds out with their respective dies, I mounted them on top of their stamped images using Dimensionals.  Finally I cut out several leaves from the pretty Granny Apple Green and glued them in place using Tombo.



I've entered this card into the Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch Challenge #315 since it inspired the card.

I've also entered it in:


6 comments:

  1. A DELIGHTFUL card, I love the CAS style.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just perfect for the Challenge! Great project! Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at The Holly & The Ivy. Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @ TH&TI

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable! I love how CAS this card is. It is fun and festive. Thank you for joining the Paper Craft Crew this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those birds are so sweet! thank you so much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet take on that sketch! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.