Sunday 4 November 2018

HLS November Christmas Challenge - With a Twist of CAS

There are so many way in which one can make a CAS (clean and simple) card.  The one thing to keep in mind is that there should be a good deal of white (or empty) space on the card.  For this challenge I decided to turn to a lovely retired stamp which I love to colour, the Watercolor Winter set.


This is a beautiful set of images.  I stamped the Poinsettia first and then masked it to add the holly branch and the fir branch.  Colouring was easy using my Watercolour Pencils.  I really wasn't sure about adding some background colour but, in the end, I did.  And once I did, there was no going back.  I think it would have cleaner lines without, but that's second-guessing myself.  All in all, I'm happy with the simplicity, keeping it all one layer and then adding that layer to the base.


Our winner for this challenge will receive a $20 coupon to spend at the shop! Check out all the details HERE.

IF YOU USE STAMPS BY HAPPY LITTLE STAMPERS AND YOU ARE OUR RANDOM WINNER, YOUR PRIZE WILL BE DOUBLED!

Hope you'll pop over to see what my Team Mates have created and come join us this month at our Happy Little Stampers November Christmas Challenge with the optional twist of CAS.

4 comments:

  1. Your poinsettia is gorgeous Heidi and I love the cosy glow that the yellow colour gives. So pretty!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yellow color beautifully highlighted your amazing poinsettia. Beautiful Christmas card.
    Hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.