Saturday 10 November 2018

HLS November ATC Challenge - Optional Twist "Sew"

I haven't done a lot of sewing lately because (surprise, surprise) my sewing room is overflowing.  It's on my list of "to be sorted and de-cluttered".  That will happen after my crafting room has been organized.  It doesn't look too good for either being completed for quite some time since I'm always allowing myself to be side-tracked with other projects and, well, you know, Life itself.

So the ATC (Artists' Trading Card) will not be including any real sewing.  But isn't that what the wonderful stitched dies are for?  I'm sure it is the reason behind the sheer variety of stitching on all these dies I've bought.  For this project the "wonky" stitched rectangle dies came to mind.  Perfect, I thought, and went forward happily with my card.


I chose all the colours after decided to use that lovely piece of "gingham" patterned paper in my background.  I love that floral calico pattern and pulled the Pool Party and Daffodil Delight colours for my two stitched rectangles.  The stitched circle with the sentiment was also pulled from the background and is Night of Navy.  I finished off by mounting everything on a base of Soft Suede cardstock and then stamped the antique dress form onto a scrap of cardstock using Soft Suede.  After cutting it out, I mounted it onto the ATC using Dimensionals.  And there you have it.  My ATC for this month is done.



Our winner for this challenge will receive a $20 coupon to spend at the shop! Check out all the details HERE.

IF YOU USE STAMPS BY HAPPY LITTLE STAMPERS AND YOU ARE OUR RANDOM WINNER, YOUR PRIZE WILL BE DOUBLED!

Hope you will pop over and see what my Team Mates have created and come join us this month for our ATC November Challenge with its theme of "Sew".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments or questions.