Tuesday 4 December 2018

HLS December Christmas Challenge - Optional Twist "Snow"

When I saw that the optional twist for this challenge was snow, I was delighted.  I just bought several Gina Marie dies and one was for a snow background.  Well, what could be more appropriate?  Of course the fact that we've had snow off and on here since the beginning of September kept "snow" at the front of my mind.  And while I haven't seen any moose lately because it's been too cold out to visit the parks and rivers, the new moose die from Gina Marie was perfect to combine with the snow.


Doesn't that look like a perfect blizzard against the lovely Night of Navy background?  I cut the bottom snow from some Glitter paper and then, for the moose, I happily die-cut a piece of specialty cork "cardstock".  I love the texture and colour, don't you?  It is the perfect companion to the kraft paper onto which I heat embossed the white "Let it Snow".




Our winner for this challenge will receive a $20 coupon to spend at the shop! Check out all the details HERE.

IF YOU USE STAMPS BY HAPPY LITTLE STAMPERS AND YOU ARE OUR RANDOM WINNER, YOUR PRIZE WILL BE DOUBLED!

Hope you'll pop over to see what my Team Mates have created and come join us this month at our Happy Little Stampers December Christmas Challenge with the optional twist of SNOW.

5 comments:

  1. What great texture you got by cutting the moose from cork, Heidi. Love him walking through the snow blizzard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card Heidi. That snowflake die is just beautiful and the cork material is just perfect for your moose.
    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi, this card is fantastic! I love that wonderful snow die cut with that righ blue background. Using the cork for the moose was a brilliant idea. Love the texture and variation of color. The sparkly snow at the bottom is the perfect finish. I really love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi, your elk looks special! A beautiful pattern on his fur :-). I also love your snowy background, it strikes this dark blue background wonderfully.
    Hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely snowy background and the cork works beautifully for the moose.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.