Tuesday 8 December 2020

A Tangled Winter Tumble

I've used another of Ellen Jareckie's whimsical House-Mouse images for my new card.  This one is called A Tangled Tumble.  As you might expect, it features the adorable Amanda mouse, tumbling through the snow, tangled in some Christmas lights.  Lucky for her, the lights are not plugged in.

I used a Heavy Whisper White base with a matte of Cherry Cobbler cardstock.  Then I added a piece of the wonderful It's Snome Time patterned paper by the Craft Consortium.  I stamped the image on a piece of mixed media paper using my Early Espresso ink.  Since I intended to use my wax-based pencils, I needed a water-based ink.  I used a mixture of colours from both my Derwent my Koh-I-Noor collections. For blending, I used my paint brushes as well as the Gamblin Solvent-Free Fluid which I've used before.  I love that the colours become so smoothly blended with no change to their tone.  If you're wondering why the lights seem to be a sparkly 3-D, I added some clear Nuvo drops to each.  The plug for the lights is a lovely, shiny silver as well, and, especially in the close-up, you can see the sparkle on the snow.

Once finished, I cut out the image using my Big Shot and Stitched Nested Labels dies.  Then I cut an additional piece of Garden Green cardstock for my matte.  The sentiment is stamped using Cherry Cobbler ink and then cut out using a smaller of the same dies.  A Garden Green matte completed it nicely.

Finally I cut  two holly leaves from the same Garden Green and added three Cherry Cobbler "berries".

I love the way the little scene turned out, don't you?

I'm linking my card up to the current House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge since it completes the "option" with both some sparkle and shine.

HMFMC #330 - Anything Goes with an Option of Sparkle/Shine

5 comments:

  1. Oh waht a fun card! I love the dies you used. Beautifully colored too. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. AW! poor little mouse, but I know you'll have him safe soon. A beautiful card.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun image and adorable card, Heidi. You have colored and sparkled it up beautifully. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card Heidi :-) the little mouse is having such fun and the colours and die cut details are fabulous! Love the shape!!!

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card and lovely dies. The image is just great. I have to admit the first time I used this image I didn't know how to place it until my team mate Lols made a card and posted it first. I put mine in the recycle bin and started over. Anyway, thanks for joining us at HFMC. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.