Sunday 6 December 2020

Keeping Safe at Christmas

 2020 is definitely not what I would call a "normal" year.  Yes, normal is overused and means different things to different people.  But whatever your normal may be, you'll have to admit that this year has been many things other than normal.  

Christmas is coming.  I can't believe it's only 20 days away and counting.  Maybe I should get the gifts bought.  Wrapping isn't actually an emergency yet, but I will need some gifts, whether or not this is a normal year.  But with numbers of cases rising here in Alberta, the outlook for a Christmas where Nana and Grandpa can join the rest of the family for Christmas is bleak.

I love the House-Mouse images and this year Ellen Jareckie brought out a set of true to the moment images where her adorable images are wearing face masks and the sentiments reflect the care we should all be taking.  I've added a Christmas cap to one of those images and have created what seems like the perfect Christmas card for this year.  I hope you agree.

Little Maxwell is sending a hug but urges you to make it a virtual hug, six feet apart.  I've used Derwent watercolour pencils and my Aqua painter to colour him and then added some puffy snow to act as the fur trim to his cap.  

I'm linking my card up for the House-Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.  

HMFMC#329 - Anything Goes With the Option of Christmas

Winter Wonderland End of the Year Challenge: Anything Christmas Goes

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute and beautifully colored! I like the puffy snow you added to the hat. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very apt and wonderful card, I love the sensible little mouse with his Christmas mask on. Love your card. I've caught up, for some reason I'm not having your blog email! Oh! well maybe next time LOL.
    Keep safe
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you put a Santa hat on the HM. We do have to stay safe. We want to be around next year to hopefully enjoy the festivities we've been missing out on. Your card is super cute. Thank you for joining us at HMFMC. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.