Thursday 31 December 2020

Celebrate! We're entering a New Year!



 I fell in love with this wonderful stamp by Ellen Jareckie.  Her little House Mouse is waving a magic wand, creating all sorts of wonderful things.  Perfect, don't you agree, for celebrating the New Year?  I've combined the stamped image with a fun starburst stencil.  All I had to do was mask the little mouse to protect it from the colours of the starburst and go crazy with my blending brush and colours.  I love the results, don't you?

After removing the mask, I used my Derwent pencils and Gamblin Solvent-Free Fluid to colour my image.  I love how well the colours blend using that technique.  Finally, after mounting the finished image to a Basic Gray matte and a base  of Whisper White, I added some Art Glitter glue to the magical lines created by the wands and then added some crystal sparkles.  The finished effect is like a thousand tiny rainbows.  I wish the camera had caught it like my eyes are able to.

I'm linking this card up to the House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge #330 - Sparkle and Shine.

4 comments:

  1. A thousand tiny rainbows sounds good to me and I really like your house mouse card.
    Happy New Year.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this little mousey waving his sparklers. I love the stencil you used. Such a neat card! Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful stamp for a New Year's card! And the star burst is awesome. Awesome card, Heidi. Thanks for sharing it with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card Heidi :-) I love how you msked the mouse and used the fabulous star burst stencil! How clever is this!! BRILLIANT!!!

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.